El Monstero is in my top five favorite cover bands. The members are a plethora of local musicians who normally do original music. They sell out 6+ shows a year every Christmas to do Pink Floyd songs. I’ve seen the last few years shows, and the production team and the band do a fantastic job! They play at one of the best venues in St.Louis for Live Music: The Pageant. It’s highly recommended; if you find yourself in St.Louis, MO near Christmas, I would highly encourage putting this on your calendar.
I took a few photos, two of them are here. I have them on my Pro site here: http://www.performphotography.com/Music/2010-12-22-El-Monstero-Pageant/15293533_ankkT
A quote from their Facebook page:
For those first timers, here’s the skinny….El Monstero is a St. Louis based Pink Floyd tribute band. The brainchild of Stir bassist Kevin Gagnepain, El Monstero’s first appearance was a single night, sold out show @Mississippi Nights in 1999. By 2008 the show spanned 6 nights @The Pageant….who knows what 09 has in store.
The current line up includes Mark Thomas Quinn (lead vox, guitar, lap steel), Jimmy Griffin (lead vox, guitar), Kevin Gagnepain (bass, vox), Bryan Greene (elec, steel, and nylon guitar) John Pessoni (drums, vox) Bill Reiter (keys, vox) Jake Elking (keys), Dave Farver (sax) and of course the ladies….Erminie Cannon, Tandra Williams, and Kelly Wild….they steal the show; Most members of El Monstero have been in bands that were signed to major labels, and they are all top notch players. The band spares no expense on production, hiring the best sound, lighting, visual, pyro, wardrobe, set design, and stage management personnel that St. Louis has to offer, as well as the best sound and lighting equipment in town. The show is truly a St. Louis holiday tradition.
The music mainly focuses on Gilmore/Waters era Floyd and runs about 2 1/2hrs….it is a must see for any Stl area Floyd fans and is an edgier, more theatrical alternative to other tribute shows that roll through town. The show is sponsored by K-SHE95, and K-SHE DJ FAVAZZ has been a true friend since day one.
a video from the show:
And from Wikipedia is additional information about the members:
- Mark Quinn (Joe Dirt and the Dirty Boys, Celebration Day), vocals, guitar
- Jimmy Griffin (Kingofthehill, Celebration Day, The Incurables, Tiny Cows), vocals, guitar
- John Pessoni (The Urge, Joe Dirt and the Dirty Boys, Stir, Celebration Day), drums, background vocals
- Kevin Gagnepain (Stir, Tobi Kai and the Strays, Joe Dirt and the Dirty Boys), bass, background vocals
- Bill Reiter (The Urge), keyboards, background vocals
- Bryan Greene (The Wyld Stallyns, The Rough Riders) guitar
- Jake Elking (Buz, Dual Boot, Asbury Park), keyboards
- Dave Farver (The Deep Six), saxophone
- Ermine Cannon (Dr. Zhivegas), background vocals
- Tandra Williams, background vocals
- Mindy Mierek, background vocals
- Andy Schmidt (Stir), vocals, guitar
- Brad Booker (Stir, Gravity Kills, The Wyld Stallyns), drums, background vocals
- Harmony Fernandez (Groove Thang), , background vocals
- Denise Addy, background vocals
- Darren Pierce, keyboards
Hair, makeup, and clothing
- Carol Ivcich and Stephanie Asbed of iVCiCH clothing design have been responsible for Hair, makeup, and clothing since 2002