So we had our outdoor A/C unit replaced recently. The contractor who came over was a nice chap; we talked a while after the job was done. One of the topics that came up was getting bit by electricity. I mentioned that I used to tie in 300Amps of 220 for bands when they brought their own show. I always kept the area clear and one hand behind my back. We traded some scary stories. The idea of using a power tester came up (you know, those pen-line devices that you press a button and if there is an electromagnetic field it will alarm that power is nearby. His response was not to trust them, as they use batteries. Of course these units will beep briefly when you start using them so you know they have power but.. then the one-liner came:
“Don’t be the dead guy holding a meter.”
Ok, so I guess you had to be there, but I haven’t laughed that hard in a while..